Monday, July 26, 2010

Strawberry Cake Amigurumi

Cutiepie is currently reading: Cool Beans: A Maya Davis Novel (Maya Davis Series)
This is a cake I made with a pattern from Yummi 'Gurumi: Over 60 Gourmet Crochet Treats to Make. This book some unique food amigurumi designs that are realistic, instead of cute and stylized like some. It features veggies, a bread and cheese spread, a sandwich, sushi, more asian food, and some cakes, including a mini birthday cake. I made this cake larger than in the book with fatter yarn and a larger crochet hook. I love the way it turned out. I was a little nervous about how it would turn out because of my modifications, but It looks adorable. I used all stitch nation yarn including: STITCH NATION FULL O' SHEEP YARN-LITTLE LAMB for the cream, STITCH NATION ALPACA LOVE YARN-ESPRESSO BEAN for the cake, STITCH NATION FULL O' SHEEP YARN-THYME for the leaves,Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe Yarn Snapdragon T101-5705, 3 Item(s)/Order for the pink filling and strawberry.
Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I love this little treasure,it is perfect. I think the little ruffle edges are adorable.

    ReplyDelete